I can't believe that tomorrow it will be 2010! That is so crazy to me.
So my sister inspired me to write out all of my New Years resolutions. Maybe with them written out and other people knowing what they are I will be encouraged to hold true to them...
1. To run a half marathon. This will be my third one and will also serve as a way to get this body back in shape after growing and birthing a baby :) I am back down to pre-pregnancy weight...but I need some serious toning. I am going to run it with my sister, and I am going to start my training in January. I can't wait to start running again. It has always been my stress relief and I have missed it while I was pregnant with Jakson. The 1/2 is in April, so I gotta get to it!
2. To choose happiness everyday. Everyday that the Lord gives us is a blessing from him. Why should I waste it by having a bad attitude?! We are only on this Earth for a certain amount of time and I need to make the most of it. I will never forget what my dad used to tell me and my sisters every morning, "happiness is a choice, choose happiness." It is so true. Back then I just used to roll my eyes when he would say that. But now I want to live it!
3. To save...bottom line.
4. To complete another bible study. In 2009 I completed a Beth Moore study about the Tabernacle and learned so much about myself and about the Lord. I want to get involved in a bible study in 2010 so that the Lord will continue to mold me and shape me through his Word.
5. Make more friends in my community. Towards the end of the year Josh and I did a better job of getting involoved. We joined a sunday school class and attended Tabernacle regularly. I met some amazing women through my bible study. I want to get more involved this year and make it feel like Cartersville is really our home.
These are my goals for 2010. They are in no order. They are just goals that I want to accomplish! Bring on 2010... (:
Looking back at the miracle that 2009 brought to our family...
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I can't believe that tomorrow it will be 2010! That is so crazy to me.
Posted by The Burfitt's at 2:46 PM
Monday, December 28, 2009
Looking back isn't it crazy how things change so quickly from year to year.
Two Christmas's ago my family went to a cabin in the mountains. This is where I say that Josh and I really started our relationship. We talked on the phone everyday and texted eachother constantly. I would have told you that I was already in love with him just through talking. But I didn't want people to think I was crazy or scare him away :) We always had things to talk about and laughed and just got along like we had been best friends for YEARS! He was in Texas on vacation and both of our families joke about how we were always on the phone with this mysterious person. After that the rest is history since we started dating and immediatly fell in love with one another and seven months later, we were engaged :)
At the cabin with my family :)
Last Christmas we had been married for a month and were just having fun being newlyweds! We spent it with his family and were not thinking about having a baby by the next Christmas. I got a dog that Christmas and that was going to hold me over until we could start trying for kids, haha. We were wanting to start trying the next Christmas though.
Josh and I last Christmas as newlyweds!
And now look at us. This Christmas we had us little Jakson. What a blessing. There isn't a second that goes by that I don't wonder how I deserve all that the Lord has given to me. I am so blessed and I thank the Lord everyday for everything that he is doing in my life. I can't wait to see what this next year holds for our family.
Josh and I with Jakson this Christmas (:
Posted by The Burfitt's at 7:47 AM
Monday, December 21, 2009
So yesterday I turned the big 2-4. Ok, not really a big deal for birthdays but still, I am getting older. It was a very relaxed and low key birthday but so wonderful!
Jakson didn't fall asleep until 1:40 am and then woke up about 4:30 to eat again. So that morning and so my wonderful hubby got up with him about 7 am and fed him and let me sleep until about 10:30...it was so wonderful!! Then I got up and he made me breakfast. We stayed in our p.j's all day :) I got to open my present which was a real pair of cowboy boots...i LOVE them!! Later that night we dropped off the little guy at Mimi and Pops, and Josh took me out to dinner. We went to Nava, which was delicious! We were going to go ice-skating after but it was about 29 degrees out so we changed our mind. Instead we went and grabbed a starbucks and were going to go and see the lights of Life, but the line was sooo long. So we just decided to go and see our boy, because of course we were already missing him!
It was a wonderful birthday.
Thanks Josh and Jakson for making it so special.
Posted by The Burfitt's at 6:13 AM
Thursday, December 17, 2009
I can't believe that you are 1 month old today. You are so stinkin adorable and are such a blessing to me and your daddy. We just think you are amazing and can't stop staring at you every second of everyday. You make us so happy and we can't imagine life without you here.
Here are some things that you have accomplished or are still working on at 1 month...
- You went to the Doctor yesterday to make sure you are gaining weight and you weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces! When you went last Monday you were right at 6 pounds, so that is awesome!
- You are RIGHT in between preemie and newborn clothes right now. Most preemie clothes are too short because you are a long baby..but the newborn clothes are still too big and too long. Mommy has to roll your newborn pants about 3 times to fit you, haha.
- You still fit in preemie diapers but are now mostly wearing newborn diapers.
- You eat about every 2 or 3 hours during the day and USUALLY take a 4-5 hour break in the middle of the night. Sometimes you do this in the middle of the day instead. Your mommy loves when you do this at night though :)
- You are still sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room. You have a bassinet that you usually enjoy but occasionally your mommy lets you cuddle with mom and dad!
- You take a bath everyday or every other day but you still aren't really enjoying them.
- You makes the CUTEST faces while you sleep and your mom just loves watching them all.
- You purse your little lips while you are pooping..it's soooo cute!!
- You had your first Santa visit, but slept the whole time.
- You are still spitting up a lot and your mom and dad pray that it gets better very soon.
- You have met all of your cousins and mom and dad can't wait for you to be able to play with them.
- Everyone that has met you just talks about how cute and tiny you are...and it is so true! You are adorable and loved by so many!!
I love you my sweet baby boy!
The book says it the best... "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be"
Posted by The Burfitt's at 4:19 PM
Thursday, December 10, 2009
He is not the biggest fan of bath time!
I can't believe that my little baby is already three weeks old. I am trying to savor every moment with him and just enjoy every second I get to be with him.
Life has been pretty great since we got out of the hospital. When we got out he weighed 5 pounds and 2 ounces. At his one week he was up to 5 pounds and 4 ounces. Then at his two week he was 5 pounds and 6 ounces, which is soo close to his birth weight, BUT we had to see a different doctor because Josh had something to do at work so we had rescheduled. Lesson #1, don't switch doctors. She freaked out and told me that Jakson isn't gaining weight like he should and I should start doing every other feed with 2 ounces of formula and just pump after that feed. And I should be feeding like this every TWO hours. Holy cow, yeah right. He could barely get two ounces down and was stuffed FULL and could not eat every two hours. I was so stressed. She had also added that if he doesn't start gaining a ton of weight that it will affect his brain development. Thanks for scaring the crap out of a first time mom lady! So the next day I made an appointment with our doctor that we had loved. Like I had thought, he agreed with me. Jakson is just a little guy and will grow at his own pace..it's not like Josh and I are huge people. Plus, he was getting enough milk by breastfeeding- that was obvious from his diapers. So needless to say he put me back on my regular schedule. That made me a happy momma. We went back Wednesday because he had to get a blood test re-done :( and he was up to 5 pounds and 15 ounces...woohoooo! He is growing :]
We go back on Thursday of next week to get weighed again...
Now feedings are going great, he eats like a champ. I am so happy because one of my biggest fears about being a mom was not being able to breastfeed but the Lord showed me that it was a stupid fear.
He is sleeping pretty great at night. We usually get him down about 12 or so...and sometimes don't hear from him until about 4 or 5 in the morning. Even though I am pretty bad about putting him in the bed with me. Ooops. I just love snuggling with him and seeing his little face right next to me! Oh well, he is mine and I can do what I want. Haha...
We have a pretty busy weekend. We get to see Santa tomorrow. Actually, we get to have cocoa with Santa and all of his cousins! I will enjoy this trip a little more than him right now, but one day he will love it. I have had some issues finding a newborn christmas outfit. Looks like he won't be wearing the cutest outfit in the world but what I got will work I guess!
Then on Saturday we get to make gingerbread houses with the pair girls and my sisters and sister-in-law, tonya. Josh will be off hunting with my brother this weekend so my sister-in-law and her kids are keeping me and Jakson company. Then on Sunday some of my girl friends are celebrating Christmas so I am hoping that Jakson and I will get to go to that so that they can all see him. I don't like getting him in huge crowds right now bc I am afraid of people getting their swine flu germs all over my precious baby. So this is at one of the girls houses..with just a few girls. So that's ok :)
Thats all of my updates for now.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Posted by The Burfitt's at 7:16 AM