phew, what a weekend!
I knew I had missed my friends but seriously...it was SO.. MUCH.. FUN.
My little fam headed to the beach this past weekend with my old roomies to visit another roomie!
We left for the beach Thursday night. I drove the girl + jakson car and robby drove the man car. Yes, you can bet that the conversations were so different, haha. We got on the road a little late and got to their house around 2:30am, i think. Not sure, like I said, it was late. We said our hellos, got our tour and then all headed to bed. Jakson did SO awesome! We stopped once on the way down...he slept 90% of the time.
We played on the beach, went to the pool, slept, hung out, rode bikes, rode golf carts, went to a dueling piano bar, went out to dinner, shopped at the outlets, played lots of scrabble, played cards, enjoyed time with wonderful friends and laughed A LOT!
I am so blessed to have these friends in my life. We experienced the crazy college life together and now the "adult" life. I know that we don't get to see eachother as often as we would like but we pick up RIGHT where we left off. We never skip a beat. LOVE you ladies. Thanks for loving me and loving on my baby like crazy!!
Today I get to love on my boy ALL day, do laundry, grocery shop, clean-up, pack again, and love on my boy some more!! I am leaving tomorrow morning for the beach with my mom and sisters for some much needed girl time. We will get back on Saturday. My sister in law, a friend and josh will be taking care of sweet jakson boy. This is going to be hard for me. This will be my longest time away from him but I am so excited about this time I will get with my mom and sisters :)
Here are some pictures from the trip, enjoy!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
phew, what a weekend!
Posted by The Burfitt's at 11:34 PM
Saturday, July 17, 2010
I can't believe you are EIGHT months today. Everyone tells you it will fly by and you just don't want to believe them, but it is so true. You have changed SO much since you entered this world 8 month's ago. I love you more and more with each passing day. You are such a joy to be around. You smile constantly and are such a happy boy.
Jakson at one week
Jakson at 8 months
(we are at Mimi and Pops right now so we will have to take your 8 month pictures next week)
Here is what you are up to at 8 months...
- You are in size 3 diapers.
- You are in 9 month clothes
- Not sure of your weight but you are a healthy boy, that is for sure!
- You are eat 4-5 bottles a day.
- You don't have an exact meal schedule. I just feed you when you want it.
- You aren't a fan of pureed foods. You would rather is chunks of food that you can "gum" You love chicken, all veggies and all fruits. Pretty much, you haven't hated anything that has gone in your mouth.
- Your favorite is ice cream :)
- You still don't have any teeth.
- You say "dada" and "baba" all the time and have said "mama" 4 times :)
- You started crawling right after you turned 7 months. You are SO fast now. You have the cutest army crawl and just take off.
- You love cords and pretty much anything that you can get your hands on and can reach.
- You sleep wonderfully, thank you thank you :) You go to bed around 8 or 9 and wake up about 6 or 7.
- On a good day you take two 1 hour naps.
- This month you get to go to Destin and hawaii in august!
- You FLIRT, FLIRT AND FLIRT! I am going to have to watch out for you ;)
- You sit up great and go from sitting to crawling so fast and more gracefully now.
- You walk while holding on to fingers and have little twinkle toes.
- You love water-- a pool, a bath, a shower...whatever :)
- You love lola dog and laugh when she licks your face.
I LOVE YOU BOOOOGY!!
Posted by The Burfitt's at 8:26 AM
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Jakson's favorite time of the day is BATH TIME! It's actually pretty funny since when was first born he hated baths and now he loves them. silly boy :)
And yes that is a tubberware top in the tub with him. I wouldn't have spent SO much money on toys if I would have known how much tubberware entertains him, haha.
LOVE this grin. ughhh, i am obsessed with my boy!
Here is a funny story for yah. Josh was watching Jakson one night while I was cleaning up the kitchen. Well I come back in the living room and Josh is passed out while Jakson had crawled away and was playing by himself. it just made me laugh. I had to grab my camera and take a picture!
Posted by The Burfitt's at 5:30 PM
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Josh and I LOVE to hike. There is a beautiful place to hike about 10 minutes from our house called Pine Mountain. We were so excited to finally be able to use Jakson's hiking backpack. We had a free weekend and it wasn't supposed to be 97 degrees. Talk about a workout, phew!! I hiked with the pack on the way up the mountain.
And this is what Jakson looked like when we finally reached the top, haha. Poor sleepy boy missed his morning nap :)
It is so pretty at the top! What a beautiful morning with my family. We are so blessed!
Daddy and Jakson ready for the hike down the mountain.
After our hike we took Jakson to Mimi and Pop's while mommy and daddy got a couple of projects done around the house. I pressure washed and scraped the porch railings while daddy worked on finishing the mudd room. The mudd room is now FiNiShEd! tomorrow we are going to have to tag team painting the porch railings while one of us watches Jakson. Soon I will post about our latest house projects. There is always something going on in this house :)
Posted by The Burfitt's at 11:30 PM
Thursday, July 8, 2010
So this summer has been so fun but one thing has really been missing...MY SISTER! Ugh, we are all so ready for her to come home. She is in South Africa and I am sure is having so fun but it has been long enough. We have been able to email every once in a while and skype a few times but that is not enough. we talked EVERYDAY before she left. She has been gone since the beginning of June. ahh, 8 more days!!
Chrissi here are some of our best pictures together that I just dug up :) haha, love you and can't wait to see your pretty face!
Posted by The Burfitt's at 5:33 PM